Ella Grace has a little treat for you and your littles! We compiled our favorite kids podcasts that she loves and wanted to share with her friends – these are all mom-approved, Child & Family Development Specialist verified, and most importantly, child-led Ella Bella enthusiasm recommended!Whether at home, in the car, or as a pre-naptime treat, these podcasts have brought Ella Grace so much joy!To listen, go to your podcast app, search the different titles, or look it up on Spotify!
1. The BIG Life Kids PodcastThis is Ella Grace’s absolute favorite and she can listen to all these on loop. Created by the makers of Big Life Journal, it is inspiring, enthusiastic, positive, and follows the adventures of Zara and Leo in their Belief mobile as they teach children to stay resilient, believe in themselves, and face life’s challenges with confidence!
2. But Why: A Podcast for Curious KidsAnother close second, this podcast by Vermont Public Radio features little kids around the world asking questions on a topic. Check out the one they just released on Coronavirus. I was so impressed how much Ella Grace absorbed and learned from listening to it as she explained it back to a friend a little bit later! So good!!! The episodes are quite long but informative and features a mix of kids, experts, and a narrator.
3. Little Stories for Tiny PeopleIf you have a little one that loves books and stories, this is the podcast for you. Each story is lovingly written and performed with attention to the whimsical senses of humor little ones have. Her favorites are Mouse Bakes a Cake as well as the feeling stories. Read the captions, it’s so beautifully written it makes you want to hug the creator!
4. This Podcast Has Fleas Silly, fun, sassy, goofiness this podcast from WNYC Kids features a menagerie of household animals holding their own podcasts including fans! Made-up songs with Waffles the dog, Jones the cat, Benny the gerbil and Mr Glub the goldfish (voiced by Alex Baldwin!) it has all the silliness a preschooler would enjoy!
5. Wow in the World Another gem from NPR, Ella Grace loves this one and it’s perfect if you have curious little kids that are hungry to know how the world works! Enthusiastic, informative, entertaining, it takes science to a whole new level and makes it approachable, fun and easy-to-understand magic!
6. Circle Round This one is also for all our little story-lovers. Created and produced by parents of young children, it adapts folktales on kindness, persistence, and generosity from around the world into a beautiful story-telling. If your little one loves reading books rich with artistry and story, they will be riveted with this series that Ella Grace lovingly calls the Lion stories.
7. Sparkle Stories If you can’t tell already, Ella Grace’s two favorite podcast genres are the science of how things work and stories that inspire imagination and kindler gentler world and this podcast definitely doesn’t disappoint. There is definitely no shortage of stories in this one and it has child-friendly narration which makes it slower and easier to understand for little ones. It’s perfect for a pre-naptime treat and it’s listed by age-groups and interests! There is an absolutely beautiful series on Helping and Healing that explores different topics like grief, separation anxiety, chronic illness, etc.
8. Good Night Stories For Rebel Girls From the makers of the bestselling Rebel Girls series, this podcast features different history-making women from Frida Kahlo to lesser known heroines to inspire your little girl to dream bigger, aim higher and fight harder.
Ella Grace would love to hear from you (and your little!). Let us know what you think and if you have any recommendations for other kids podcasts that you love in the comments below please. I know it will make this little goofball so happy!